About Intumescent Pipe Collar
- Pipe diameters up to 200mm, collars are 30mm, 40mm or 50mm deep depending on fire rating.
- Pipe diameters 225 mm to 300mm, collars are 60mm or 100mm deep depending on fire rating.
- Pipe diameters 50mm to 650mm, collars are 80mm or 150mm deep depending on fire rating.
Prior to fixing, please ensure:
- Access for fitting is available
- Correct area of risk is assessed (double-risk areas may require two collars
- Correct size of collar appropriate to the pipe or service being protected
(See also Envirograf Product 110 for hollow wall fixing).
The product must be installed correctly. Fixing lugs are already fitted to WPCS collars.
They can be fixed to solid structures with raw plugs with screws. It is recommended that you apply a spot of Envirograf product 58 (intumescent Mastic) into the previously drilled hole.
For hollow plasterboard walls, fix with screws if there are timber noggins to fix to, otherwise use steel toggle fixings. If WPCS are to be fitted into an area where no noggins or blockwork to attach to, the lugs can be re-attached to another part of the WPCS by drilling 1.5mm holes into the side of the collar and screw into collar. WPCS’s MUST be securely fixed.