Kingswood Preparatory School Bath
Clean lines for young minds
Set in woodland, the new Kingswood Preparatory School with its pitched roofs and low forms is of a scale young child from the ages 1 to 11 can relate to.
The walls and roofs are clad in Western Red Cedar shingles on a base of pale brick, making a beautifully textured whole. The shingles, will be allowed to gradually silver down.
The project used innovative and sustainable cross-laminated timber construction methods – which consists of large panels of laminated spruce used to form the walls, floors, roof and stairs of the buildings.
This allowed for quick, quiet, clean and efficient construction. When exposed internally, the product has the benefit of creating a warm and calm environment, which will support the learning experience.
For Fire protection to the Cross Laminated Timber construction;
- Envirograf Waterborne Adhesion Primer - ES/VFR Primer
- Envirograf Q/VFR Fire Retardant Coating Tinted to TVT 1597 Half Strength
- Awards RIBA South West Award 2019,
- RIBA South West Project Architect of the Year
- 2019 RIBA National Award 2019